Friday, April 17, 2009

Reasons I love Greenpoint- Part 6: The Richardson

One thing there is no shortage of in Greenpoint and the surrounding area is bars. There are plenty that I enjoy, but one is my absolute favorite- It's the Richardson, which is situated on the Greenpoint/Williamsburg border, but officially in Greenpoint with a 11222 zip code. Located at 451 Graham Ave at Richardson Street, it's easily accessible by L Train (Graham stop) or B43 bus (which stops just feet away) and very close to the Metropolitan Ave stop of the BQE.

The Richardson is surprisingly large with a great old time classy vibe and beautiful warm decor. They play music from the 40's through the 60's and it doesn't hurt that all the men behind the bar are well dressed and easy on the eyes.

If you happen to read my Weight Watchers blog too, you know about my Monday ritual of attending my weekly meeting, then going over to The Richardson to blog about it. Monday nights, Jason is behind the bar. He's a great bartender - friendly with great customer service skills - something so important but often lacking in bars. He brings me my 'usual' when I arrive (a pint of Weihenstaphan and a glass of water), and I love that! While all of the staff I've encountered at the Richardson is great, Jason is of course my favorite. Here is he behind the bar:

Jason, behind the bar

and here he is "in action" - making a fancy cocktail for another lucky patron:

Jason in action

In addition to the draft beer selection, there's wine, liquor (including a pretty extensive whiskey selection) and a menu of Classic Cocktails to choose from. But it doesn't stop there, they serve Gimme! Coffee - the smell of which is nothing short of heaven - and they serve high end tasting snacks without the high end prices (check out the menu page using their link above for food, whiskeys and cocktails, etc).

And you may or may not know this, but I'm bathroom obsessed, so I must point out that the Richardson has the NICEST bathroom I have ever seen in a NYC bar. It is gorgeous and *clean*! Great job, guys!!

I love the bathrooms at the Richardson!

Finally, this past Monday, I noticed this sign -

Brunch @ the Richardson!

They are going to start serving brunch this weekend! Starting tomorrow, you can choose from their usual snack menu, but I learned they will also be serving waffles, granola & yogurt, lox, bagels, pastries and who knows what other delectable items! I will definitely be checking this out in the near future.

If you enjoy old timey type bars, drinking, great food and fantastic service, make your way over to the Richardson. You will not be disappointed!

451 Graham Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11222
(718) 389-0839

4 comments:

Rutila said...

Thank you for telling your readers his name! Pony and I -- we nicknamed him Buddy Holly -- had the pleasure of ordering a few specialty cocktails from him after having a spectacular time with you at Legion.

Jason is truly a bartender extraordinaire.

arielcircleofnine said...

He's also cute!! Reminds me of my hubby's friend Eamon without the many many tattoos. I had a couple of really great cosmos last week; well worth the extra points I spent! Enjoy the brunch if you go!

rowan said...

old-fashioned cocktails and music. what more can you ask for? it's on my to-go-to list.

Meg said...

Jason is sooo my type.